The field instruction program is an integral part of the JMSW curriculum. The field program is administered by the Co-Directors of Field Instruction, Prof. Alicia Kaplan at UNCG and Prof. Maruka Rivers at NCA&TSU. Field-related policies, procedures, and practices are explained in the JMSW Field Instruction Manual.
Two-year students are in the field 4 semesters for a total of 1112 hours. Advanced Standing students are in the field 2 semesters for a total of 672 hours.
Students are placed in different settings for their generalist and specialist placements.
- 2021-2022 JMSW Field Manual (PDF)
- Specialist Field Calendar Fall 2021 (PDF)
- Specialist Field Calendar Spring 2022 (PDF)
- Generalist Field Calendar Fall 2021 (PDF)
- Generalist Field Calendar Spring 2022 (PDF)
- See the Field Section on the FAQ page
- 2021-2022 Specialist Seminar Sections
- 2021-2022 Generalist Seminar Sections